Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My demo


So my friend Gerald, the president for the Concept Design Club here at the Academy, and I thought it would be fun if I did a digital painting demo showing how I paint in photoshop. It was a great success actually, around 50 people showed up :)


I started with this sketch


After 2 1/2 hours, not completely done, but ran out of time so I rushed a few things. If I had a few more hours I would finish the background and refine the sloppy stuff, etc.

I thought I'd throw in this version, before texture and color adjustments..

2 comments:

Steven Wayne Howard said...

sorry i missed it. I really, really wanted to go. maybe we can make a trade off. sometime soon maybe i can bring you the Starry Night Pro software for class and you can give me a demo? good work though and glad to hear a lot showed!

Emerson Tung said...

i love the colors in the first one, though i kinda prefer it non-textured like the second one. the smooth quality gives it a very nice animation feel to it. iono. just a personal opinion. both are cool though. g'job petur! hope you'll be doing this again sometime next semester!